Google could be forced to pay £2.7 billion in compensation to iPhone users
Google could be forced to pay over five million iPhone users £2.7 billion in compensation as it is accused of selling their data without their consent.
A new consumer campaign called "Google You Owe Us" is launching a class action against the web giant over allegedly unlawfully harvesting the browsing histories of iPhone users…
- 10,000 Likes for Sherbert hoover I guess @Sherbert Hoover is holding the record to get 10k likes with just under 1.2k posts, that's almost 10:1 ratio (p.s - he mostly post in lounge ) But, i've been overwhelmed with the amount of good content he has been putting out lately like his efficiency guide and all (and of course except the lame bitcoin bubble threads ) Keep up the good work sherbs !
- Market Place – Bumping of threads by asking… Following on from @Sherbert Hoover's post: Sherbert Hoover said: ↑ I'm not referring to you breaking the rules or walking a gray area, but instead to sellers who tell users to bump the thread. You've done nothing wrong.Click to expand... I was wondering if the rules should be expanded so sales threads are not bumped by sellers asking users to post every time they place an order etc.? I was looking for reviews of some social media services and...Market Place - Bumping of threads by asking users to post to confirm orders
- Which domain will be best for my 500,000+ Users All of my users want to check their IP address, on the platform after connecting to a VPN. Now I want to make our own service like www.whatismyip.com I am looking for a great domain name for this. Can you please suggest one? The winner of the great dom...
- Consumer Psychology Although not related to IM, I thought this article was interesting:http://www.decanter.com/wine-news/popping-cork-sound-makes-wine-taste-better-experiment-377364/ I think it also applies to Champagne, if you don't get the pop and the cork taking somebodies eye out you feel a little let down. Remember that consumer psychology techniques can be applied to any Industry. Here is an article form FE International (@meathead1234 ) :...Consumer Psychology
- How Two Brothers Turned Seven Lines of Code Into a… Every day, Americans spend about $1.2 billion online. That figure has roughly doubled in the past five years, according to the Department of Commerce, and it’s likely to double again in the next five as the internet continues to devour traditional retail. So it might come as a surprise that the web’s financial infrastructure is old and slow. For years, the explosive growth of e-commerce has outpaced the underlying technology; companies wanting to set up shop have had to go to a bank, a...How Two Brothers Turned Seven Lines of Code Into a $9.2 Billion Startup
- Content: Hand-written by Sherbert Hoover | US-based,… You probably know who I am. You’ve probably seen me around. You may like what I have to say. You may not. I don’t appeal to all personalities. Do you want to know what is appealing? My writing. Have you received content in the past that is dreamily written, but on second glance had more filler than flavor? I have, too. I despise filler with a burning passion. Get to the point or stop wasting my time, am I right? This is why I don’t have a superhero-branded infographic in your face...Content: Hand-written by Sherbert Hoover | US-based, college-educated business owner
- Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search Today I get from Google Webmaster tools a "Notice of DMCA removal" I'll paste here the note to get your opinions "Hello,Google has been notified, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), that some of your materials allegedly infringe upon the copyrights of others. The URLs of the allegedly infringing materials may be found at the end of this message.View attachment 98095 So I perform these steps: Remove the page from the site (now it...Notice of DMCA removal from Google Search
- Does google take action against web 2.0 pbns ? So I came across few fiverr gigs selling like 10-20 web 2.0 PBN links for $5. These are basically links from existing/aged blogspot, wordpress, and tumblr blogs. I was wondering whether google deals with such pbns the same way as it deals with domain based pbns ? These pbns have outbound links to all kinds of websites including health, insurance, automobiles etc. Don't these pbns trigger the same kind of algorithmic flags like the usual abused domain based pbns ? I was surprised to see...Does google take action against web 2.0 pbns ?
- What to do against Bad-Seo against my niche site? I recently discovered a very bad Link from a bad PBN-Blog linking multiple times to my page and linking my pictures. Stuffed with keywords and so on, perhaps you know these kind of sites. The Blog also links to some other (big) concurrents in that very niche. I submitted the url to google, asking for deleting it and I hope my serps are gonna get better again now in a few days. But I'd love to find out, which one of my concurrents is using these bad domains to kill other ones serps. Of...What to do against Bad-Seo against my niche site?
- 65k impressions 300 clicks.. $1 JUICYADS Good Seriously.. what the fuck is this shit? My traffic is 90% US.. 65k impressions yesterday.. with almost 300 clicks... and I get one george washington? Wtf is this shit?!?!?!?! I've had days I made upwards of $3-4 off like 50 clicks and much less impressions.. did anyone else have a shitty yesterday? This is my first day back on filler ads after being on a 30 day contract from someone buying one of my ad spaces. I felt like I got screwed in the long run, especially after finding out Juicyads...65k impressions 300 clicks.. $1 JUICYADS FUCKING GARBAGE
- Launching new startup + growing instagram Hey, I'm launching my new startup co. in the food space and I'm looking for tactics and tools to use for growing an instagram account. To date I've been posting up original content, photos of food, different delicious looking dishes etc... But the growth of the account is slow, at only 130 followers with over 100 posts. I've been using Hashtags targeting the segment I'm going after, specifically targeting foodies in Ontario, Canada. Let's build on how to grow this account! Happy to...Launching new startup + growing instagram
- [Case Study] Offline Pay-Per-Call Campaign I've been doing online call campaigns for about a month now and am getting great results. Decided to try an offline campaign and will make a Case Study out of it for BHW. Not sure how it will convert but I've looked at it from a consumer standpoint and it should perform well. My idea plays on, and elicits people's fears, which hopefully will lead to conversions. Playing on peoples' emotions happens often in marketing and beyond. In fact, today is election day in the US and our fine...[Case Study] Offline Pay-Per-Call Campaign
- Launching BOGO Subscription Model on Monday My company is launching a BOGO plan for our $20 product that is a pretty hot seller. We get solid results through our own SEO, AdWords, Facebook and Commission Junction group of affiliates as well as on Amazon. We have a promo for affiliates all Set ...
- What action can companies take against cpa… I've been able to make $5-10 a day which is amazing(my first money online), however my sites are very blackhat and offer people a fake way to 'hack' company/game X etc. Considering my CPA locker dosen't give people what they expect I assume its only a matter of time before my site gets reported to the company out of a visitors anger? And i'm wondering if anyone has experience with what the companies can do? One interesting case: I track the rankings of random sites for fun, i saw one...What action can companies take against cpa 'hack' sites? can registrars/hosts rat you out?
- The ReOrganization And Growth Of An Empire: To… Hey everyone! So I usually tend to do this in a standard Word document or something every end-of November/start of December as I'm about to enter the new year. I write down what I accomplished this past year, what we have going as we go into the new year, what needs to be done to kick it up, what's working, what's not, what's trending up, what's likely to fail, etc. I was very motivated by my dude @Sherbert Hoover and...The ReOrganization And Growth Of An Empire: To Making 2018 The Best Year Yet!